Minority-Owned Small Businesses in National Capital Region Eligible for $10,000 Grants Through Fiserv Back2Business Program
Qualified organizations can apply for program beginning September 29
WASHINGTON, D.C. - September 29, 2021 - Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV), a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology solutions, is offering support to minority-owned small businesses in the National Capital Region, many of which were adversely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
This effort is part of the Fiserv Back2Business program, a $50 million initiative to provide financial grants, community support and critical resources, including complimentary consulting and leading technology solutions such as the Clover® point-of-sale platform, to minority-owned small businesses.
Eligible businesses located in the following counties and independent cities may apply for a Back2Business grant to assist with payroll, rent or lease payments, technology or equipment purchases, or premise redesign:
- Virginia: Arlington, Fairfax, Chesapeake, Loudoun, Prince William, Roanoke, Stafford
- Maryland: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, Washington
- Virginia: Alexandria, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Manassas Park, Roanoke
- Maryland: Baltimore
- Washington, D.C.
Businesses must have revenues of less than $1 million annually, be founded prior to January 1, 2020 and have fewer than 10 employees. Applications will be accepted at aeoworks.org/fiserv/.
On September 29, Fiserv will present $10,000 Back2Business grants to three D.C.-area merchants, each of which will be recognized during the 2021 Congressional Baseball Game. Those receiving grants are:
- Dawn Tucker of Lord and Tucker Management Consultants, LLC, a firm offering consulting and training for individuals and organizations in entrepreneurship, federal government contracting, collegiate professional development, and management. Tucker will receive her grant from the Honorable Steny Hoyer, Majority Leader of the United States House of Representatives.
- Raul Lucero of Los Amigos Latin Market, a small grocery store offering Latin American products and standard essentials. The grant will be presented by Guillermo Cisneros Finck, senior vice president and head of Juntos, an Employee Resource Group within Fiserv that seeks to unite, empower and support Hispanic and Latino associates and their allies throughout the company.
- Erinn Roth of Jo’s Petite Eats, specializes in made-from-scratch, small batch Southern inspired desserts with a French influence. The establishment also creates heavy and light hors d’oeuvres tables for corporate and private catering and has catered at national conventions, trade shows, and wine and food festivals as well as private and corporate functions.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our communities and the lifeblood of our economies, and nowhere is that better understood than in our nation’s capital,” said Neil Wilcox, head of Corporate Social Responsibility at Fiserv. “Fiserv is committed to providing the resources that small business owners need as they continue to regain their footing during these challenging times.”
In addition to the Washington, D.C. area, Fiserv has sponsored the Back2Business program in multiple cities including New York, Milwaukee, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Tulsa, Oklahoma and Oakland, California. To date, Fiserv has presented more than 1,000 grants to small businesses through the program.
- Video footage of the grant recipients can be downloaded at co/back2businessdcvideo.
- Learn more about Back2Business at com/back2business.
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) aspires to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a global leader in payments and financial technology, the company helps clients achieve best-in-class results through a commitment to innovation and excellence in areas including account processing and digital banking solutions; card issuer processing and network services; payments; e-commerce; merchant acquiring and processing; and the Clover® cloud-based point-of-sale solution. Fiserv is a member of the S&P 500® Index and the FORTUNE® 500, and is among the FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®. Visit fiserv.com and follow on social media for more information and the latest company news.
# # #
For more information contact:
Ann S. Cave
Vice President, External Communications