Independent Restaurants Can Streamline Operations of Online Orders Through New Clover and Grubhub Integration
Integration offers restaurants an opportunity to increase order volumes while aggregating inventory, menu, and order management via the Clover platform
The Clover platform includes Clover Online Ordering, which gives restaurant owners a consolidated view of their entire online ordering operation — from menu updates to order management. Restaurants that utilize Clover and are already partnered with Grubhub will be able to integrate operations directly into their Clover platform, eliminating the need for a separate tablet for Grubhub orders and significantly streamlining digital orders through menu synchronization, order submissions, and more. Restaurants that utilize Clover and are not currently partnered with Grubhub will be able to easily and seamlessly sign up for pickup and delivery on Grubhub through the Clover platform for a commission-free trial, effectively expanding their reach to Grubhub's more than 33 million diners across the country.
“We know that simplifying ordering operations is top of mind for our restaurant partners, and with the Clover integration, restaurateurs can have peace of mind knowing all of their orders are going to one place — negating the need for multiple tablets and having to manually input orders,” said
“Integrating Clover and Grubhub makes management of delivery orders much easier for restaurants, enabling them to reach more customers while operating more efficiently,” said
According to the Mercator Advisory Group’s
“The popularity of food delivery apps was already growing before 2020,” said
Existing and new Grubhub merchants can sign up for the integration from the Clover platform, and will benefit from:
- Streamlined order management — In-store and online orders input via the Clover platform, as well as Grubhub orders, both real-time and scheduled, are sent directly to the restaurant’s kitchen printers —streamlining order management and helping to ensure order accuracy.
- Real-time synchronization — A restaurant's menu is updated directly in real time on Grubhub sites, reflecting when items become out of stock or when stores close or open early. Merchants can also pause and later resume Grubhub ordering by toggling off “Accept Orders” in the Clover platform.
- Third-party delivery menu — Clover merchants can manage a third-party delivery partner menu that differs from the restaurant's in-store and online ordering menus, allowing restaurants to tailor items and pricing specifically for Grubhub.
- Delivery Options — Pickup, self-delivery by restaurant drivers, and Grubhub delivery are all supported. Self-delivery stores, delivery fees and delivery zones will be maintained by Grubhub.
- Consolidated reporting —The integration consolidates financial reporting for restaurants into one system within the Clover platform.
Restaurants that are not currently partnered with Grubhub can sign up through their Clover platform for a free 60-day trial*. For more information on the integration and to sign up, please visit get.grubhub.com/help-center/clover-pos-integration.
Clover is a complete business-management platform enabling businesses to maximize their operating efficiencies and grow, while allowing customers to pay using a debit or credit card or via mobile payment options such as Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay®, and Google Pay®. As a point-of-sale platform for merchants, Clover processes
Grubhub is part of
Senior Associate, Corporate Communications